We are for the LGBTQ+ community in the Rodney area (especially Orewa, HBC)!
If you know of anyone in the Rodney area that needs support or a safe place, or just talk to others who have "been there" please let them know about this group.
The group was started because of a lack of local support, only NZ wide online / phone support, and the physical places to go to are in the Auckland Central or at best Takapuna / Glenfield area. (All of which are AMAZING, but sometimes you really need something LOCAL).
We also like to bring visibility to other groups and resources via the Rodney Area Rainbow LGBTQ+ group and Facebook page as we know the struggles of trying to find the right people to reach out to.
What do we do?
- Liaise with local youth groups to provide support for gender questioning youth
- We aim to enact change with local Primary Health Organisations to provide better care for the local LGBTQ+ community
- We aim to improve access to quality pharmaceutical for Transgender Healthcare
- We aim to improve access to Gender Affirming Surgeries in New Zealand
- We aim to provide a safe environment for the Rodney LGBTQ+ community to come together (Private Group)